TYPE OF GRILL
DO NOT SOAK NO LO REMOJO
MR MOJO HOW DO I USE THESE THINGS?
- Bar-B-Qubes – 1 lasts about 2 to 3 hours.
- MINI – lasts up to 45 minutes
- If you plan to place one in a pellet grill – pre-light it. Light one end or the bottom – let it burn for five minutes before adding it to the heat shield. This will ensure it remains lit for the 1 to 3 hour cook.
- In a gas grill – place the cube were it is accessible, keep it over a burner that you can turn off and on.
- Starting charcoal with lighter fluid? When adding it to charcoal – Place the charcoal in the grill and wait for the lighter fluid to burn off before adding the Mojobricks.
- Start charcoal in a charcoal chimney? Pour the charcoal into the grill then add the mojobricks to the hottest coals. Use tongs and push the wood into the hot coals.
- How many to use? You can base the amount you add by the internal temp of the protein. If it takes about an hour to bring the internal temp up to serving temperature then a mini may be what you need.
- If you like more smoke flavor – add a bar-b-qube – if you like less start with one mini. 3 1/2 minis is about the smoke output of a bar-b-qube.
- When Grilling in charcoal ( high heat for short periods) place the Mojobricks directly under the meat
- Grilling in a Gas grill. Place the mojobrick in a place that is easily accessible. Keep the wood away from pooling grease. Do not place the wood directly on the gas line. Place the wood on a flat surface – in a smoke box or on a metal shield (flavorizing rail).
- In a Gas grill; When Mojobricks catch fire and begin to burn up – turn the burner off and blow the cube out. It will smoke for a long time. Turn the burner back on once the smoke begins to wind down. If you cant turn the burner off, remove the cube from the burner and place it on the same level of the food, blow it out and close the lid while cooking.
- In a Gas grill – for low and slow cooking, it is better for the mojobricks to produce smoke from glowing embers then it is for the wood to produce smoke from flame.
- In any grill, if you dont see smoke coming out of your smoker and the wood is lit – this is a good thing!
The following list of smokers and grills will eventually be a click and play on how to use Mojobricks. The quest to finish this concept starts soon. If you have a smoker that you would like to add or if you yourself would like to demo your smoker or grill on how to use Mojobricks in it; Please contact us and let us know how we can work together to get the message out.
Pitmasters giving how-to’s with Mojobricks
Here are some random video’s from teams and from folks who use or have used Mojobricks
for smoke flavor.
How to Use Mojobricks in a gas grill -Chicken and Beef Ribs by Jack Scalfanni.
How to trim chicken for competition by Malcom Reed
How to Trim A BEEF BRISKET for competition by Malcom Reed
How to SMOKE a BEEF BRISKET on a YODER PELLET GRILL by Malcom Reed
CHAR BROILER using MINI’s in the Smoke Tray cooking Chicken
The Weber Spirit Gas grill – the Mojobricks Set -Up for big meats
The Reverse Sear using a MOJOBRICKS MINI for STEAK
How to use Mojobricks in an upright Drum Smoker by Oklahoma Joe’s Professional touring Pitmaster Scott Henrichs.
Cooking on a gas grill using Mojobricks Mojoqube the back yard bbq show shows you how to cook a PORK BELLY ROLL Filled with Flank Steak.
World Class People and professional Chef Sara Horowitz and Natural Born Griller and 4 time Memphis In May Whole Hog World BBQ Champion “Big John Wheeler” talk about the secrets of Mojobricks.